Info on STAA
What is STAA?
The South Texas Alarm Association (STAA) is the Trade Association representing the electronic systems industry in the south Texas.
What Does STAA Do?
STAA represents the electronic systems industry to government agencies and provides consumers with a source of information.
- We inform consumers enabling them to use their systems responsibly and effectively.
- We represent and advocate our industry to local, state and national government.
- We are our members link to Texas Burglar and Fire Alarm Association, the National Electronic Security Alliance, False Alarm Reduction Association and other associations.
- We provide opportunities for members to network and exchange information to improve the operation of their businesses.
- We liaison with industry standard making organizations.
- We provide information and techniques on false alarm prevention to installing and monitoring dealers and alarm users.
- We provide training to enable our members to grow and allow them to meet licensing requirements.
Why Should I Join?
STAA provides you with opportunities and information that you can not get anywhere else.
STAA is your advocate in the greater San Antonio area.
STAA is your liaison to the Texas Burglar and Fire Alarm Association and other associations.
STAA provides you with the means to improve your business.
How Can STAA Benefit An Electronic Systems Dealer?
STAA provides networking opportunities, access to training and information.
STAA is your advocate to government, state and national associations and standards making bodies.
We work to inform you so you can improve your business.
Which counties are served by STAA?
What Does It Cost To Be A Member?
Regular Membership is available to any Licensed entity engaged in the business of installing or providing regulated electronic detection or life safety services; or to a distributor of electronic detection equipment that maintains a supply house in the San Antonio area.
ANNUAL REGULAR DUES $200.00 PAYABLE IN ADVANCE
Associate Membership is open to any individual or entity which is not engaged directly in the business of installing, or providing regulated electronic detection or life safety services, but who may supply services, equipment or otherwise to the Regular Members.
ANNUAL ASSOCIATE DUES $ 150.00 PAYABLE IN ADVANCE
Who is on the Board of Directors?
Lauren Trammell – President
Mark Matlock – Vice President
Sandra Barton – Treasurer
Sarah Salazar – Secretary
Randy Stowers – Dealer Representative
Charles Vickers – Vendor Representative
Stephen Harper – Immediate Past President
What are the Bylaws?
SOUTH TEXAS ALARM ASSOCIATION
716 W. Byrd Blvd
Universal City, TX 78148-4363