State Law - DUTIES OF ALARM SYSTEMS COMPANY
Sec. 1702.286. DUTIES OF ALARM SYSTEMS COMPANY.
(a) On the installation or activation of an alarm system, an alarm systems company shall distribute to the occupant of the alarm system location information summarizing:
- the applicable law relating to false alarms, including the
- how to prevent false alarms; and
- how to operate the alarm system.
(b) An alarm systems company shall notify the municipality in which the alarm system is located of an installation or activation of an alarm system not later than the 30th day after the date of the installation or activation. The alarm systems company shall provide to the municipality:
- the alarm systems company name;
- the alarm systems company license number;
- the name of the occupant of the alarm system location;
- the address of the alarm system location; and
- the date of installation or activation.
(c) Information provided to a governmental body under this section is confidential and subject to disclosure only as provided under Section 1702.284.
(d) An alarm systems company commits an offense if the company violates Subsection (a) or (b). An offense under this subsection is a Class C misdemeanor.
(e) The duties imposed by this section on an alarm systems company do not apply to the installation or activation of a personal emergency response system, as defined under Section 1702.331.